Friday, July 5, 2013

AN OPEN LETTER OF APOLOGY


Dear Friends,

I think there comes a time in every man’s (or woman’s) life when he comes to the realization that an apology of the most profound nature and of the most sincere proportions are in order.  After careful self-analysis I have now come to that same conclusion.

If you examine my little site here, you will notice that my last entry was dated and posted on May 25, 2012.  That means that it has been almost one year and two months since I have placed my fingers on my laptop keyboard to post an article, story, observation or a comment here.  Even though I have been woefully derelict in my obligations to those who read and follow my blog, many of you have continued to visit this site and to read or re-read many of the entries and stories posted here.  To those of you who have not given up in despair, I must commend you.  And, to those who have not been critical of my negligence, I must thank you.

I can’t produce a single legitimate excuse for having neglected this site for over one year.  Perhaps I was simply “burned out”, or maybe I had “writer’s block” or a serious “brain cramp”.  One person even suggested that perhaps I just needed to visit Crete for myself once and not feel burdened to spend so much time writing, researching, revising and then re-writing commentaries and articles for this site.  Maybe they are right...or maybe I was just plain lazy.  At any rate, it is now that I offer the apology that I have been talking about, and I hope that those of you who read and follow my blog can accept my apology and forgive me for my gross negligence!  “I apologize!”  There I said it!

Now that I have cleared my conscience, perhaps I can straightaway resume my writing and hopefully provide you with some interesting insights concerning Crete, or stories that might enlighten you or maybe even humor you.  And, in the future, if you should  sense that I am beginning to once again neglect my duties here, please leave a comment at the end of one of my entries and proceed to  kick the literary s#!t out of  me!!!

Thanks again for your patience, your indulgence but mostly for your loyalty.

Your Friend and Fellow “Silent Warrior”,

Bob (Midget) Armistead

2 comments:

James Gill 88-90 said...

I am very glad you are back on air!

Anonymous said...

Maybe if all us who follow you would ask pertinent questions it might help?
If you can comment on how our brothers are living from day to day under the current economy I would be interested to hear. Bill